Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Most Rewarding Job Ever!!



(Wrote this last night and then Blogger or my computer was having some issues, so here it is today! : )

Tonight's post comes straight from my most recent Facebook status: Why is being a mom so hard at times but also so rewarding? Riding her bike without training wheels one moment, not wanting to swim the full length of the pool the next! She got in and did it though. I am proud of her but almost in tears too. I will make it, I will make it!! : )
 
I love my children so much and would not trade anything in the world for them or the life I have with them! I sometimes wonder what my life would be like without them and I just can't picture it. (Well besides quiet and probably somewhat boring!) This afternoon when I got home from work, Adam and Mykayla went across the street and he was teaching  her how to ride her bike without training wheels. They were in a big grassy field and she was cruising! Daddy was holding on to the back, would let go after a couple minutes and then she was on her own. I stood at the dining room window (our house is literally across the street from Mykayla's school) smiling beaming with pride. I was so proud of how she fell and kept getting back up and on the bike. She will be doing on the sidewalk in  no time.  Fast forward an hour later and we are at swim where she refuses to get in the pool and do her lesson because she doesn't want to have to swim the length of the pool. I am frustrated and trying to bribe her in the water with a trip to the park afterward.  She finally got in, gave it her all and by the end of the lesson, had swam the length of the pool. It was during her practice that I was on the verge of tears thinking about the proud moments and the challenges that come with being a mother.  So within an hours time, I have feelings of pride and frustration with being a mom and realize that this is a tough yet rewarding job! And then there is Michael who has discovered how to climb on anything and everything he can (and he is so proud of himself). I pull him down, tell him no and get more and more frustrated each time. Soon after, he is looking at me with those HUGE brown eyes and beautiful smile and saying Mama. Yeah, all that frustration is gone! I think the moments of pride far outweigh the moments of frustration and therefore make my job all the more important and worth it. 
 
Mykayla and Michael-I am so proud of you and love you so much! Thanks for giving me the most rewarding job ever!! -Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment