Sunday, June 26, 2011

Big Sister, Best Friend!!

I have been wanting to blog about my older sister Celia for some time and have been brainstorming what all I would write about. So many things came into my head: her generosity, her love for her family, her amazing scrapbooking,  her ability to keep a smile on her face even when she is hurting, the way she takes care of everyone around her, not just family and I could go on and on!! Celia is all of these and so much more and I am so lucky to call her sister and best friend! Celia and I share a special bond besides being sisters, we are also sister-in-laws (Most of you know why this is and the story behind it. If you don't, ask me about it.  It is a fun story to share.) It is so fun that I get to have my sister at my in laws family events also. I don't know many people that lucky : )

Celia is one of the most generous people I know!! She LOVES to buy and do things for her nieces and nephews. It is very rare for us to go to her house and not have a treat waiting for one or both of my children (or myself) If she sees something that reminds her of any of us or any other family member for that matter, she snags it up. Doesn't have to be a specific holiday or birthday, but just because! (If Patrick is with her, he also likes to get for people, no matter the price tag. Yeah, he bought me my first Coach purse and brought me a Coach wristlet wallet to the hospital when Michael was born. I also love my brother-in-law, whole different post!) If there is a need, Celia makes sure it is filled and then some and she never expects anything in return.

Celia has an amazing, unwavering, unconditional love for her family and friends!!

Celia makes amazing scrapbooks and if you have been to any of her parties, you know that she can throw a hopping shin dig and always has amazing food. Celia loves to entertain and can pretty much find any reason to throw a party.

I call Celia the ROCK of our family! When it seems like everything else is falling apart, she is always there lending advice, a listening ear or help. She knows when help is needed and just does it! In January of this year, Celia was having some problems with one of her eyes that required lots of testing and unknowns. One day,  she texted me that she was scared and I just about lost it! I have rarely heard Celia say something like that and it scared me because she has always been that rock in our family.  I headed north for the next couple days to help out and found that even in her weakest time, she couldn't sit still but had to lend a hand and never once complained!

One of my favorite Celia stories is from when we worked at Farmers together. We were at an event where we were eating and I apparently had something on my face. Celia licked her fingers and "washed" my face. One of our co-workers looked at her and said "Did you just lick your finger and wash her face?" and Celia and I were like "Yeah." Didn't even phase either of us!! This is just one of many examples of how she takes care of all of us. Funny story, but reigns so true to Celia's personality! She is a natural care taker and amazing one at that!

Celia always says to her boys, "What is my job?" to which they respond, "To keep me safe!" This is so true!! Celia keeps us all safe from danger, from being hurt, from being alone, from being scared and from going without.

I am so lucky to have the bond and friendship with Celia that I have and wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!! I love you C and am so glad to call you my big sister and best friend!!

(Now don't get me wrong, Kattrina is also my best friend but in a twin sister, different sort of way!)  :  )

No comments:

Post a Comment