Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Photo shoot & editing fun

The location of the pictures in this post probably look familiar. It is the spray park that I wrote about in the post below.  We went again on Sunday afternoon with Trina, Jordan & Brooks and Jenny & Logan. (Like I mentioned below, pretty sure we will live there this summer!) As I walked chased Michael around the park, I discovered some of the best places to take photos and play with my camera. Ok, actually I didn't really "play". I kept it on the exact same setting I always do and tried to get some cool photos. Every time I decide to do this with my camera, I always say to myself "Maelen, just get out the manual for the camera that you got two years ago and read up on some of the neat stuff you can do." But instead I continue to just point and shoot, every once in a while something comes out : ) This afternoon, I went over to Picnik.com and uploaded a few of the photos I took and played with the photo editing. Here is the result...

 You can totally see his battle wounds from a run-in with sister on the swing at the park : )

 I made this picture black and white with a focus right in the middle to show color.

 This is called cinemascope. I love Michael's smile in this picture!

 Um...model material? 
I may be bias but how beautiful is she?
Can't remember what I all I did here, but I love how it turned out.

 This one is done with cross process (Probably my favorite function on Picnik) and also a focus on just her face.

 This one is done with cross process also.
.  She was on this spinning thing at the park and I caught it as she was coming around facing me.
I cropped it from vertical and just did a close up of her.

 This one is done with the 1960's function with rounded corners. 
She just lost that top front tooth on Saturday so I was pretty excited about how it turned out.

No comments:

Post a Comment