Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Celebrating 4th of July weekend!

We had a busy and exciting holiday weekend!

We headed north right after work on Friday evening to Celia's for some scrapping with the Sassy Scrappers. I got the two main missions complete that I wanted to have done so I called it successful : ) Most scrap nights are not successful for me.
Saturday morning, Trina and I packed up the kids for a bargain hunting adventure. We looked up some yard sales on Craig's List and headed out. (I don't believe we ever made it to any of the yard sales we found on Craig's List, we just drove around and ran into other ones) We found a few good bargains, mainly things for other people. Then we headed to Value Village because we had heard that they were having a 50% off sale which we were pretty excited about. We found some clothes for ourselves and the kids and of course, books. Thrift stores are my favorite place to get books for my classroom. After dragging the kids around Value Village, we headed to Forest Park with our picnic lunch. We ate, applied sunscreen and then went and played for an hour and a half or so. We had to get a popsicle from the ice cream truck. (I bet that guy makes a ton of money, especially on beautiful, warm days. He was smart!) Then we headed to Trina's to chill for the evening.
On Sunday, the kids and I went and met my mom and Celia at Ben Franklin in Monroe. This ended up being plan B since plan A; going on the boat was put off due to clouds and rain. Ben Franklin has the best scrapbook paper selection and I always find paper I have not seen before. This is a problem because paper is my weakness : ) We took mom to lunch at Taco Bell (We frequent TB alot now because we found several items on the menu that Michael can have and he loves that he gets to eat what we all have) We went and hung out at Pat and Celia's, scrapped a little and waited for some sign of sun. It finally came out and we were so excited, we headed out as quick as we could to catch some time on the water. There was hardly any other boats so we pretty much had an open lake. We anchored for a while to eat and swim and then I decided to try skiing. The last time I water skied was probably 3 to 4 years ago so when I popped up on the 2nd try I was so excited! I didn't go too far before letting go because I was so exhausted. It takes a lot out of you! I was just excited I got up! We did some tubing (Again, haven't done it in years but it was a blast! I went with my nephew Christian) and then headed home.
On Monday, Trina and I took Mykayla to go on the boat again and then took Jordan, Brooks and Michael to the 4th of July parade in Downtown Everett.  I love parades and sharing them with my children and nieces and nephews. After the parade, we headed to Fun in the Sun at the church we grew up at. Basically a smaller scale carnival in the middle of the street. The kids enjoy bouncy houses, pony rides, face painting and of course, food.  Trina and I love to run into people that we grew up with and catch up. That evening, Adam, Michael and I went out to his parents for a BBQ and a few small "fireworks." Michael did Pop its and sparklers with his cousin Elliott. Mykayla went to Aunti Nuni and Uncle Kevin's for a BBQ and real fireworks. Michael and Mykayla both crashed hard on our way home! They were wiped out.

No comments:

Post a Comment