Monday, June 6, 2011

My version of Extreme Couponing




Ok, so you are probably wondering why on earth I would be posting a picture of Nexcare Shrek band aids none the less writing an entire blog post about them, but I was so excited I had to share! So my good friend Ashley has encouraged me and given me lots of good tips on couponing. She is pretty good at spotting cheap, FREE or even $ making deals with coupons. Last week, we went to Albertson's together and used our Twice the Value coupons (Albertsons will give you twice the value of your manufacturer's coupon up to $1.00). We went just to use our coupons and I think I saved about $10 in coupons. She showed me some tricks and we both had a successful trip. She also introduced me to The Krazy Coupon lady and Fabulessly Frugal blogs for couponers. Check these out sometime if you want some good tips for getting started. They basically find all the deals for you, all you do is clip the coupons.

Ok, so the band aids...(at Target)
* Normally $1.84/box of 20 licensed band aids
* On Sale $1.70
* Store coupon $1.00 off (coupon in Target mailer week of May 30)
* Manufacturer's coupon .55 off (coupon from June 5 Sunday paper)
My final price-15 cents
and that is about as extreme as I get : )

It is actually kind of exciting figuring out how cheap you can get stuff. I have yet to get something FREE or make money but when I do, I will post for sure!

Just real quick, another example of some Banana Boat sunscreen I got last week...(at Fred Meyer)
* Normally $9.99
* On Sale $8.99
* In store coupon $4.00 off (hanging on rack with sunscreen in store)
* Manufacturer's coupon $1.00 off (coupon from Sunday paper)
My final price $3.99
Not free but $6 off, I will take that! I will be going to Fred Meyer this week too with the same deal on Coppertone sunscreen, stocking up for the summer. (Now if that sun will just stick around!)

I will hopefully be posting some more "extreme" deals soon that I can't resist telling someone about! Stay tuned, maybe you will be inspired to start!!

No comments:

Post a Comment