Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Love to scrap!!

So today's prompt is Music and for a second week in a row (total failed attempt last week) I am going to attempt to record and upload a video about this prompt.  Crossing fingers!  Ok, apparently not going to happen anytime soon : )
Instead I will take a prompt from the book I got at the library:

#87  Do what you love. Blog about your passion.

I love to scrapbook, definitely one of my passions and all time favorite past times.  I have several friends and family members that I scrap with, many of whom I have introduced (insert my apologies here for those I have enabled in this hobby) the hobby of scrapping to.  My favorite scrapping pals are my sisters and my mom.  We all have different scrapping styles and it is so fun to see each other's pages of the same set of pictures. I started scrap booking in 1998.  My introduction to it was a Creative Memories party where I purchased a 12x12 album, a circle cutting system and scissors.  I have since found several scrapbook stores that I love to just go and wander around. Oh and still page ideas!  I was a loyal customer of  Lasting Memories in Lynnwood till last year when they closed their doors after 14 years.  I will always have many memories of crops, friends and purchases (Yes, they tracked how much you spent, let's not go there) at Lasting Memories. In the last 13 years of scrapping, I have completed close to 20 of my own 12x12 albums and about 25 albums as gifts including an album for each of my bridesmaids when I got married, an album for my twin sister in laws for graduation, an album for my older sister "from her husband" : ), several baby books and lots of mini albums and calendars in between. I am currently working on 2008 and hope to get a jump start on 2009 soon.  I do have to admit to skipping around though, I get bored easily : ) My current scrap space is limited to a hutch in my dining room as my scrap room became a nursery in late 2010. (He was definitely worth it!)  My current favorite scrapping tool is my Cricut, an electronic die cutting machine.  You can do just about anything on your pages with it and it has endless possibilities.  My all time favorite item to buy is PAPER!! You can never have too much paper.  I will end with some fun photos of my favorite hobby addiction. It's an addiction, not gonna lie!

Below is a picture of mini albums that my sisters, mom and I did one evening while attending the Scrapbook convention in Portland. We did this in our hotel room : )


Half my scrapbook collection


The other half


My scrap space


The sign says Memories from the Scrapbook of the Heart.



No comments:

Post a Comment