Tuesday, April 5, 2011

And he's cruising...Finally!!

And only just a little bit behind sister! Mykayla was just about exactly 16 months (according to her baby book, not a detail I remembered off the top of my head). Michael was a little over 16 months.  We were sure the day would never come!  Adam had resorted to consulting the internet as to "Why doesn't my child walk?" Yeah I am pretty sure he Googled it! His research showed that 1. His shoes and socks should be removed 2. He should be held under the arms/waist area to help with balance and 3. Possibly his shoes were too big.  So each day when we got home and daddy was home, he would strip off his shoes and socks and we would have a walking session.  Nevermind that he walked to food! (Details, details! Speaking of details, both of my children first walked/crawled to food. Hmmm, wonder what they are motivated by : )  I also purchased some size 4 Nike plain white velcro shoes for him and he just took off! It has been so fun watching him figure it all out and see that he can get places on his own two feet.  I am sure I will be blogging again in about two weeks about how I wish he was NOT mobile but for now I will enjoy it and try not to think about the fact that it also means he is getting to be more and more of a toddler every day.

1 comment:

  1. Go Michael!! And yes, you know this means your life is going to get a whole lot crazier now ;)

    ReplyDelete