Sunday, April 24, 2011

He is Risen!

Christ the Lord is Risen Today!! What better reason than to celebrate? 

Yesterday we went to Marysville Church of the Nazarene's Egg Hunt and festivities.  They had 10,000 eggs, face painting, bouncy houses, pony rides, popcorn, cookie decorating, coloring, Lego building and Easter story telling. It was an amazing outreach with about 1500 in attendance getting a small glimpse of the true meaning of Easter while having fun and playing games. We ran into cousin Elliott (and her mommy and daddy) and her cousins Zander and Zoe. It was so fun to see them! This was Michael's first big, lots of people event since really walking and for some reason I decided not to take the stroller out of the van. Man was that a mistake! I was exhausted after 45 minutes of chasing him and promptly went and got the stroller to strap him in. 


This year we celebrated Easter at my sister and brother in law's home.  Celia always has beautiful decorations and a wonderful meal prepared. This year, I even helped out in the kitchen preparing stuffed mushrooms, potatoes and deviled eggs. Auntie Cookie (this is what my kids call Celia) made a special dish just for Michael with some of the items we were eating minus what he couldn't have and he ate every last bite.  Mykayla and Michael each got 4 "Easter baskets" total. (Yes, I am fully aware that my children are spoiled, but my family loves doing it!) The kids all enjoyed an Easter egg hunt outside in cloudy weather but with a brief break from the rain. (It was so beautiful and warm yesterday.  Could it not have done us a favor and stuck around for one more day.


Hope you all enjoyed celebrating Christ's Resurrection with your loved ones!

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love that one of Ellie and Michael :)
    I wish I would have caught them together!!
    But, like you, I was busy chasing after my little one :)

    ReplyDelete