Monday, February 13, 2012

A weekend full of scrappin!

This weekend I packed up my scrapbook hutch and headed to The Great Escape in Monroe where I had 6 feet of my own scrapping space and got to scrap with some wonderful friends old and new!! I was so excited to get started scrapping 2010 with the prospect of getting closer and closer to being caught up. Of course, as any exciting weekend with the Kinyon girls would go, there was a few exciting experiences that I can't forget to mention. (I will detail them when I share the pictures) Our Creative Memories consultant and more importantly our friend Lara booked this wonderful place for us to stay for the weekend and for this special weekend coordinated with Celia to have the MCN Sassy Scrappers come along.  I had scrapped with some of Lara's other customers in November and scrap monthly with the Sassy Scrappers so I enjoyed the company of all of them this weekend. What a great group of women!!

And now for the pictures and excitement...

 So basically The Great Escape is a big house with scrapping space and beds for 25. Bring your scrap stuff, food and your comfys and scrap the weekend away!

This is my 6 foot table and scrapping area. Normally I take over the space of those around me but this weekend I did really good. Kristina was a gracious neighbor though. I am sure she would not have minded if I took over her space : )

Not only am I lucky enough to share my hobby with my sisters but also my mom. 
I love this fun bond that we all have!

The Cricut-a scrapbookers best friend. We had about 120 different cartridges between four of us to choose from. I have to give Kudos to Ginger for bringing her collection of 80 cartridges I believe it was. She has got some super cute ones that I enjoyed using.

I used some of my scraps to make birthday cards and got my Valentines made for my 3 sweethearts.

We all made a bet as to how many pages Kimberley (who was in the dark about the whole thing) would complete for the weekend. We put a dollar in the pot with our guess. Some of us who had not guessed yet were lucky enough to hear her shout "10 pages done!" shortly before the contest ended yesterday. We all scrambled to fill out our guesses and get them in. I guessed 17 to which I was way off! I was at retreat with Kimberley in November and as I recall, she kicked butt on pages. Several others remembered this too and I think guessed high. Well, Kimberley discovered mosaics this weekend and it slowed her down : ) She was even up till 5 am Sunday morning on a mission to finish it. I think her total count was 12 and 2 people at her table (Hmm, that seems fishy) got to split the pot. Kimberley was an AWESOME sport about it though and was sorry to disappoint some of us : )

The memorable moments...

One entirely full cup of Starbucks coffee dumped somehow/somewhere between Celia and Stephanie. Miraculously NO PAGES WERE HARMED during this incident!! Celia swooped her pages up as quickly as possible and managed to save them just loosing her scrap paper. The clean up crew was quick and with some awesome team work, got it cleaned up as quick as it fell. Stephanie however did continue to find coffee everywhere. The best was in the business card slot in Kattrina's embellishment binder. I offered her a straw to suck it out of there, she declined : )

The honorable mention...
goes to mom. Sorry, I have no pictures to share this moment but it had to go in. We took a break on Saturday to head to Safeway for some deli lunch. We all ordered and mom headed to find us tables and chairs. After arranging tables, she proceeded to dump an entire 32 oz soda all over them. Luckily, we had not set our food down at this point. The Safeway courtesy clerk was so nice and graciously cleaned up the entire floor and area around us so we could eat. 
Guess you could say we had some fumble fingers this weekend!!

And finally, the best of all...
Celia (My darling older sister, whom I love to death!) almost started the place on fire!! We were having our usual Sunday morning retreat breakfast of sticky buns which consists of Pilsbury biscuits, a whole ton of butter and ton of brown sugar. There was some left over remnants on the bottom of the oven and when our sticky buns overflowed from the pan, the sugar added to the mess on the bottom sparking flames. A smaller flame was noticed and put out with smoke billowing everywhere. Then a pretty good size flame to which we all kind of just sat and looked at each other like what do we do. The oven door was opened (Trina had baking powder ready to douse the flames) and more smoked billowed out this time setting off the smoke alarms. Lara, our trusty consultant had stepped out for a bit to head to Ben Franklin while this all took place, pretty sure she won't be doing that next retreat! All turned out well and the sticky buns were pretty close to worth it. We later decided we were so glad there was not a sprinkler system. Could you imagine? A bunch of women scrapping when a sprinkler went off.







1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! It was a super fabulous weekend! Love those Kinyon girls and their Momma!
    Big hugs!
    Ginger

    ReplyDelete