Monday, February 20, 2012

Playing catch up tonight

Thought I would do a catch up post tonight, a few words and collages of our happenings lately...(Well for the past week at least)

On Friday morning, I got to volunteer and participate in the 2nd annual Dance a Thon at Kayla's school. They started this PTA fundraiser last year when the track that they would normally do a walk/run a thon on was under construction. We all gathered in the gym and followed along with the Wii busting a  move for about an hour.  The kids were so into it and hardly ever stopped and never gave up! I was under strict orders not to dance from my darling daughter but when I got there, was given direction to dance away since I was to be showing the kids how it was done. (So public apology to my daughter...sorry if I embarrassed you, I am your mother after all) It was a blast and the students raised a little over $10,000!!
I was back at the school that afternoon to help set up for the Scholastic book fair. Oh yeah, the life of a PTA mom! But I love it!


On Saturday, we met Uncle Bubba (Eric), Stephanie and Zoe at the newly reopened Children's Museum in Tacoma.(We have been enjoying having family close enough to meet on a Saturday in Tacoma!) What a great place for kids of all ages! Both Michael and Mykayla had a blast!!



And finally, today I got to do what I love and miss the most!! Hang out with 3 extra kids and my own 2. I had a couple of my friends kids while they were at work training and Zoe. (1, 2, 3, 6 and 7 year old) We got in all the essentials of the day: meals and snacks, arts and crafts time (my favorite!!). some dramatic play, story time, PE/large motor skills and even nap time!!! I had such a blast hanging out with them and realized what I am missing most about my old job. Guess I am still trying to move on.


I love this nap time collage. Guess we had a busy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment