Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy 8th Birthday Mykayla!!

I can't believe my (not so) little girl is turning 8 today!!

I have been trying to come up with a fun way I could blog about Mykayla on her 8th birthday. Unfortunately, nothing clever or cute is coming to me today (I am writing this the day before her birthday and will post tomorrow. We have TONS going tomorrow for her special day but I wanted to make sure to post about her on her special day)

So in honor of Mykayla's 8th birthday I am going to go with the top 8 at 8 list...
1. Mykayla loves to read and collects books. She loves to have a bookmark in several books at one time just like her Papa Barry. She is also an amazing reader who reads 3 to 4 grade levels above hers.
2. She is the best big sister! "Dissy" can do no wrong in Michael's eyes. 
3. She DOES not like to have her hair done!
4. She is kind and compassionate.
5. She is quite the singer and dancer. I might have a rock star in the making... (see pics below)
6. She is in gymnastics once a week and loving it!
7. She likes to watch Shake It Up, Austin & Allie, Ant Farm and Victorious (These shows are all based around dancers, singers and performers. See #5, go figure! : )
8. She is a comfy clothes kind of girl. You will very, very, very rarely find her in jeans. Although, she did surprise me this morning and came downstairs in jeans!!

And of course I have pictures of our Rock Star/8th birthday photo shoot...
(I had fun with these pictures on Photobucket. They are all done with the Retro: Lomoish filter.)

My favorite!!

A couple fun ones using color splash...



Happy Birthday Mykayla!! We love you!!



No comments:

Post a Comment