Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Scraplifting 101

A fun post for all my scrapbooking friends...the art of scraplifting simply and quickly put!





1. You will need any scrapbook magazine, scissors, glue and large index cards. Cut out all the pages you love and mount them on the large index cards then sort them by number of pictures on the page. They can then be filed by number of pictures in a file box (see photo 3)

2. Pick your set of pictures and count how many you have.

3. Go to your box of page ideas, locate that number of pictures tab and begin your search.

4. After you have found the page idea you want to copy, grab the paper you like and do just that "copy" it!! So simple! You can make it look exactly like it or change it up a bit-your choice. 

So what does mine look like...

I must say, I am very pleased with it (and my photos contain two beautiful little girls!) I must also admit that probably 90% of my pages are scraplifted in one way, shape or form. I cannot claim originality of many of them but always add my own touch to make it mine. Go ahead, give it a try! I promise you will not go back to staring at photos for hours trying to decide how to arrange them : )

Also, a little props to my older sister Celia-she was the original "page idea index card box" inventor! And what a fabulous idea it was!!

No comments:

Post a Comment