Monday, February 27, 2012

So much birthday fun!

Where do I start??? Mykayla had quite the birthday celebration celebrations! Mykayla's eighth birthday was Thursday and she partied right on thru the weekend. Thursday started out with a trip to the Tacoma Children's Theater with the rest of the 2nd and 3rd grade classes. We (I got to go along and drive) saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and it was so cute! My favorite character and I think most of the kids would agree-was Mike TV. He was a punk teenager who was into his Nintendo DSs and cell phone and was always picking fights with everyone. He was actually very obnoxious but it made his whole character that much better. Thursday evening Kayla had gymnastics and then we headed to the mall to get her ears pierced. Now I have to admit, I was expecting full on melt down either before we even started or after the first earring went in. She totally surprised me and barely even flinched. I was so impressed! Thanks to her friends Lauren and Abby for coming along and being encouragement! We finished up the evening with birthday dinner with Uncle Bubba, Stephanie and Zoey at Outback.

(Going to skip forward to Sunday for a moment, then highlight the big sleepover)

Sunday morning we met up with Uncle Scott, Auntie Amanda and cousin Elliott for some birthday breakfast at Fanny's restaurant in Marysville. Cousin Jordan came along too.  Sunday evening was family birthday dinner at Auntie Nuni's. Did I mention that she is one spoiled well loved girl? She got all the fixings for her own lemonade stand, some cute earrings, $15 iTunes card (now she can buy all the 99 cent apple bunches she wants on Pet House) and two more months of gymnastics. Kayla was on her third cupcake by Sunday and yet still had not blown out a candle so Auntie Nuni hunted one down : )






Friday night was the BIG rock star sleepover!! Kayla had invited 10 girls and I was sure a few of them wouldn't be able to come so I was OK with it. Well, 9 of them came!! Totally fine and they were so good but I still think I am just a little crazy. Luckily daddy had the night off so he was here to help and entertain (You can see him doing karaoke for the girls in one of the pictures) We started off the night with some pizza for dinner then did some karaoke, pin the rock star and just hanging out. They all insisted on throwing their sleeping bags out at 7:30 and I couldn't convince them enough that they did not have to go to bed till 10. The whole bed idea didn't last too long though. The last one of the bunch fell asleep around midnight and every single one of them was up by 5:30 am thanks to the lovely wind storm that blew in overnight. Saturday morning was pancakes for breakfast and a hair styling salon. I think they all had a great time and I loved seeing Kayla have so much fun with all her girlfriends!





No comments:

Post a Comment