Sunday, May 1, 2011

I love a good garage sale and more than one is even better!!

Yesterday morning after only 4 1/2 hours of sleep (Don't ask, won't be doing that again!) Kattrina, Michael and I headed out to the Great Mukilteo Garage Sale. We met Kattrina's friend Heather at the Mukilteo Speedway Cafe for breakfast and then were off for some serious bargain hunting.  Heather had devised an excellent route and plan for us to get the very best deals.  She was an excellent city wide garage sale guide. So this morning I thought I would share some of my excellent finds. (Apparently today I like the word excellent!)
 I mainly scored toys for Michael and stuff for my classroom. Garage Sales are my favorite way to stock my dramatic play area in my classroom. In this picture: a fireman's costume jacket (.50), Playmobil toys ($2.50 for 4 people and a helicopter. Sounds like a lot, I know but these are super expensive toys in the store and they are in excellent condition), red baseball cap ($2) see below for why I am so excited about this baseball cap, stethoscope ($1), fold up train station ($1).

 This is the fold up train station all opened up so you can store the trains/cars inside of it.  It is that great material that can be wiped down with a rag. I am super excited about this!

 Ok, so the excitement behind the hat.  One of my favorite children's books is Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin.  This week my class will be starting a unit on life science. I have transformed my dramatic play area into worm's house from the book.  In the book, the main clothing that worm wears is a red baseball cap so I was on a mission for one to add.  We had went to Fred Meyer on Friday evening and they had one for $16, not what I was going to pay for a hat that a group of 5 year olds could potentially destroy.  So yesterday morning that was my main mission and I found one for $2, brand new with tags on it! Wee Hoo!!

And just for fun, here is two pictures of my dramatic play area : )

 Worm's house 

 Worm's bed: a giant Liptoi Tea Bag box with giant leaves.



No comments:

Post a Comment