Monday, July 11, 2011

Just scrolling through my cell phone pics tonight...

and found several series pictures I had taken that I thought would be fun to share. I was originally inspired by the pictures I took of Michael this morning.


Michael LOVES his blankets!! He is most loyal to these receiving blankets that I got at his shower. He can sometimes often almost always be seen dragging one of these around the house, school, aunties house, wherever! I often refer to him as Linus (Can't you just picture Linus in the middle pic?) I think I have mentioned before that if one of these is not in his reach, he will grab the closest piece of laundry and snuggle it till he finds one. I wonder if one of these will be hidden away on the bottom of his backpack on the first day of Kindergarten? : )


So two things about these pictures: First, what a sign of the times!! My 7 year old and 16 month old (at the time) playing on a Nintendo DS and an iPad. (What happened to dolls and cars?) Pretty sure in a few short years, Michael will be able to navigate the iPad better than me and I can guarantee Mykayla already does!
And second. I love the bond shown between the two of them in these pictures. Most of the time (Notice I say most : ) Mykayla is so patient with her brother and will show him how to do things and then sit there while he tries. She is an amazing big sister and I hope this bond only continues to get stronger as they grow up. On a side note, Michael calls sister "dissa" or "dissy". How cute is that?


I took these pictures about a week or so ago while Adam was teaching Mykayla how to ride her bike in the field at the school across the street. Again, love the bond and patience shown in these photos. Good thing she has daddy to show her because if it was the two of us, she would not be on the bike and we would probably both be in tears : )

No comments:

Post a Comment