Sunday, April 1, 2012

Another Pinterest DIY

(For the third time now) Adam and I got a new bed a couple weeks back but didn't get a frame, just the rolling one that comes with it. (The mattresses were expensive enough!) I wanted to do some sort of "headboard" though since we have had a picture frame hanging above our bed for about 3 years now with one old (meaning no Michael) family picture in it and the other spots still occupied with people we didn't know. It had to come down!! I found this project on Pinterest and thought it would be cheap, simple and look great!
Here is the steps:
Step 1: Gather supplies. You will need 12x12 canvases, 12x12 patterned paper, paint, paint brushes and some sort of adhesives. You can also choose to use some embellishments. I used some fun ribbon and flowers.

Step 2: Paint the outside edges of your canvases.

Step 3: Arrange and adhere your paper and embellishments.

Step 4: Hang above bed or wherever you would like. I think this would look neat above a fireplace also.

And here is my original pin...

No comments:

Post a Comment