Friday, March 2, 2012

I love organizing!!

I have been putting my love of organizing to good use this week and after saying for several months, "I really need to get that in order." I have finally done it!! I started on Monday with our business drawer and files. We still had 2010 and 2011 business and paperwork in the drawer so you can imagine it was crammed full. 


Tuesday I organized and purged (Big time!) the kids memorabilia buckets. Michael's was not too bad, Mykayla's was a mess. 3 1/2 years of Preschool/PreK and 3 years of elementary school...lots of artwork and paper! I saved everything apparently and now it was time to move on. I let her help me to make it a little easier. We enjoyed reminiscing together. My new system is courtesy of my big sis. Each grade level has a separate folder.  If it doesn't fit, it doesn't stay!


Wednesday, I tackled 5 photo boxes full of photos. My goal was to have 1 picture box of some kind. I found the perfect bin and got started. This mission was completed Thursday morning. It took awhile because I was having so much fun looking at pictures and walking down memory lane. I did get rid of a small stack (mainly of all those index prints. Why on earth was on hanging on to those?) I have a VERY hard time getting rid of pictures. After all, I am a scrapper!




And finally...Michael's closet before & after. This is where all these memorabilia and picture boxes are stored.

Before...



After..


Ahhh, I love a clean and organized space!!

No comments:

Post a Comment