Saturday, March 17, 2012

Celebrating 10 years at Sun Mountain

I'm back! I was on a daily streak for awhile with my posting before I slacked a bit : ) Thought I would come share about our wonderful 10 year anniversary trip.

Basically our 2 1/2 days consisted of a quiet, kid free, enjoying each others company, great time!! Now when I say quiet, I mean pretty close to hearing a pin drop minus talking : ) Our room had no TV (which killed my poor husband) and there was very few people staying there as it was their last weekend before closing for a month for renovations. We arrived Thursday afternoon around 3. Thursday afternoon/evening was spent exploring what there was to do and playing a couple games of pool in the game room. We also played some card and dice games in our room. (Great bonding gets done when you have no TV!) Friday morning I had a pedicure and Adam had a 90 minute massage. Due to some miscommunication with the salon, my pedicure was rescheduled and then the lodge comped it! $80 of service for free for making me wait! Was not expecting that but it help even out Adam's massage : ) We went snow shoeing afterwards and stopped several times just to enjoy the quiet and calm and also take in the beautiful views around us. Friday evening we enjoyed a "fancy" to us dinner at the restaurant in the lodge. We both had steak, potatoes and vegetables and then topped it off with mini apple pies. You can only imagine what the bill was. Oh well, you only live once!  We finished the evening with more pool and games in our room. Saturday morning we got up and headed to Stevens Pass to meet up with Pat and Celia for a day of skiing. Great time, more on that later after I get pictures from Celia.

Less fancy bar & grill dinner on Thursday evening
There was animal heads and antlers everywhere. For those of you with kids or my teacher friends, this picture totally reminds me of the book Imogene's Antlers.
One of our many spectacular mountain views.
Ready for some snow shoeing which I think is a very deceiving sport. Way more work and tiring than I thought it was going to be. We I lasted an hour barely.


Thought this would be a fun way to document what we did on our anniversary but mainly wanted to document that my husband is actually wearing his wedding ring : ) 

Beautiful place! Highly recommend!

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Love the pics- and I love that you guys went snow shoeing- I've always wanted to do that!

    ReplyDelete