Wednesday, March 7, 2012

10 years: 2006 & 2007

2006
Probably our busiest, most eventful year yet!
January 30-Feb 5, 2006-We took a much needed vacation to Hawaii with Adam's parents. It was our first major get away since Kayla was born. We left her in the trusted arms of Auntie Nuni and Uncle Bubba and according to them, you would have never known we were gone : )
July 2007- We made a huge decision to leave family and friends to move about an hour away. We moved to Tacoma with Steve and Sandy Brannon and American Construction Company. We were both employed with them (Adam did their payroll and I was the receptionist) in Everett and then moved with the company to a brand new office in Tacoma on the Hylebos Waterway when the office in Everett was shut down. We lived in the Brannon's downstairs apartment of their home in Dash Point until buying our home in Brown's Point. This was definitely one of the biggest decisions/life changes in our marriage thus far. I think it has proven to be very good for us and our relationship.
September 2006-We purchased our second home in Brown's Point directly across the street from the local elementary school. Perfect! 













2007
March 2007-We celebrated our 5 year anniversary with a trip to Vancouver BC and Grouse Mountain for some skiing. My first and only time (till this weekend) skiing!
July 2007-I left my job at American to become a preschool teacher at Kindercare and got to be down the hall from Mykayla everyday. 
November 2007- We, I should say Adam decided it was time to start trying for another baby. I would have started trying when Kayla was 2 but the timing wasn't right. God had another plan! I came home one night and went to take my medicine when I realized my birth control was missing. Adam had hidden it, his way of telling me we could start trying again. I was so excited!!
(Unfortunately none of these events have made it into a scrapbook or the pics are on a laptop that is currently dead)

No comments:

Post a Comment