Friday, January 20, 2012

"Brother" aka Michael

I mentioned in my new year, new changes post that I am now a "stay at home" mom. (For now, at least) While being home, over the last 4 weeks, I have noticed Michael's vocabulary expand and become more and more clear. The other day I had cookies in the oven and the timer on the microwave went off.  He looked up and said "Oh, mommy cookies ready." A full sentence!! I was so impressed! He puts 2 or 3 words together and is trying really hard to communicate with those around him. For the most part, I can figure out what he is trying to express. Sometimes I have to ask a couple times. One new, kind of fun thing he has been doing is calling himself brother. Ask him who he is, "Brother." Ask him who that is in a picture, "Brother." So this week Adam was trying to help him learn his name. The conversation went something like this-Michael, say Mi. Michael would repeat. Say chael. Michael would repeat. Then Adam would say "Michael" Michael would repeat say "Brother" : ) Um, I think he thinks his name is brother! Adam's dad is Michael also so Papa Mike to Michael. He has now become Papa Brother (makes sense right??) I think we have some work to do.

Brother aka Michael

No comments:

Post a Comment