Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Way to go Arby's!!



Kayla and I picked up Arby's for dinner tonight on the way home from soccer practice. We placed our order and then pulled up to the window to pay and get our food. As I was waiting for the food, I noticed that they had a clear plastic bin with a graph looking thing and a bunch of numbers on it. I usually get my hopes all up when I see this because I think the allergen information would also be listed. Not true!! All they turn out to be is basically how bad the food is for you. (Like we didn't already know before we even pulled/walked up to order) As if I am in my normal 'hopes up" mode, I pulled one out and to my surprise, it actually lists the allergen info too. I was so excited and a little shocked : ) Not only does it list the allergens it contains, it also has a code for menu items cooked in the same oil as other items that contain major allergens and a code for items manufactured in a facility that processes peanuts. This to me is ABOVE and BEYOND!!! I am so impressed that I tell the gal that is helping us, "Arby's is the first restaurant I have been to since my son was diagnosed with several allergies in May, that actually has an allergen info sheet readily available to it's customers." The fact that it was not only in the restaurant but in the drive thru was even more impressive to me. So WAY TO GO ARBY'S!!!

Now unfortunately, literally everything on their menu contains egg, wheat or both. If they don't contain those, they are cooked in the same oil. He won't be eating at Arby's anytime soon but I will definitely be going back! 


No comments:

Post a Comment