Monday, October 10, 2011

Closing a chapter...

For the past 3 years, I have been on Facebook daily. I have enjoyed changing my status, posting pictures of my kids, catching up with old friends and classmates and seeing what goes on in everyones lives. I have grieved with people, celebrated with people and laughed with people on Facebook. I am sad, yet excited to start another chapter in my life without Facebook! I have made the decision to delete my Facebook page and concentrate on my family, friends and "real-life" relationships. I have tossed the idea around several times but have only in the last 24 hours thought very seriously about it. I tossed around defriending people, hiding people or just keeping a certain few but then those I would keep, I see and can catch up then. I will miss the funny quote statuses, the great pictures and the constant way of knowing what is going on in others lives. I will not miss the drama, the watching what I say in my status or the hurt it has caused people I know and love.

Now with all that being said, I am going to concentrate on keeping my blog updated (hopefully) daily and I hope you all will continue to follow me. I love keeping in touch with distant family and friends and this will be my way of doing it. May even do a daily "status update" on my blog : ) I also still have the same email that I have had for years and can always be reached at maemae_k@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment