Sunday, November 27, 2011

I love our Thanksgiving Traditions

The holidays are my favorite time of year! I love the fellowship, craziness and jammed packed calendars they bring. I also love all the small things or traditions we do each year for the holidays. Thanksgiving has come and gone and I wanted to share some of our traditions we have had for years and even a new one Celia and I decided to start with the kids. I will post pics and then write about each one so you can follow along...

 Black Friday Ads!!! The girls (big & little) LOVE to cruise through the Black Friday ads to see what is hot this year and what great bargain we couldn't possibly pass up the next day. Celia and I are lucky enough to spend Thanksgiving together every year. (Being sisters and sister in laws has its advantages) So each year, we grab our ads, sit on the floor and map out our route for the next day.
 Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade! As a kid, I can remember being so excited to watch the parade on Thanksgiving morning. This is one thing I have enjoyed also watching my children do. They love the floats, the balloons and the performances. They get super excited to see people and characters from shows that they recognize.
And our new tradition (as silly as it is!)...Best Buy & Starbucks drive by!
On our way out to Papa and Grandma's this year, we saw a bunch of tents outside of Best Buy and decided to do a drive by to see what it was all about and what bargain they were waiting for. Add a trip to Starbucks for hot coco and Izzies drinks and we have our new tradition : )
Our annual Christmas card photo! (So you all get a sneak peak)
I try to get at least one good family photo for our Christmas card. Most of the time, I have at least one uncooperative party. Can you guess which one that was this year?
and finally...the food!!
Each year, Grandma Linda prepares a smorgasbord of food for us to snack on before hand and then an amazing Thanksgiving meal. Unfortunately, I didn't take that many pictures of the rest of Thanksgiving but we always enjoy spending the day with the family.







No comments:

Post a Comment