Friday, November 25, 2011

Happy 2nd Birthday to my little man!!



(Ok, so this post is slightly almost a week delayed. I literally fell asleep on the laptop on his actual birthday. It was a long, busy, birthday party filled weekend.)

Wow!! Where do I start? I cannot believe my handsome little man is 2 today!

We celebrated today with daddy's family at Papa Mike and Grandma Linda's and Michael had a good time doing a pinata with his cousins, eating LOTS (afterall it was his birthday) of treats, and getting some fun Elmo gifts. Grandma Linda made a great spread of spaghetti, bread, salad and fruit. She also made Michael special red rice krispie treats since he unfortunately could not enjoy the ADORABLE Elmo cupcakes that Uncle Eric and Stephaie made.

At 2 years old, Michael continues to surprise and amaze me on a daily basis. His vocabulary is expanding daily and I am able to figure out most times what he is asking/saying. Some of his favorite words/sayings right now are:
No Poppi! Story behind it-His bestest buddy at school Elo (This is how Michael says Leo) is Hispanic and his mom addresses him as poppi. His teacher says No Poppi in class too so now Michael has started saying it. Too funny!!
Elo See story above : )
Otay which sounds just like the little kid on Little Rascals. So super cute!
Uppy meaning I want up on the couch, your lap etc.
Night, night and bye bye
Along with these words, he has picked up animal sounds and can do a lion, bear, cow and my personal favorite-a monkey. He even acts like one when he does it.

Each day after school, I pick up his daily sheet and his teacher writes a personal note about his day. He clears his own plate after lunch, signs parts of the alphabet, "reads" books and usually (and surprisingly) is the quietest one of the class.
At home, Michael keeps daddy and I busy running here and there and climbing on this and that. He loves to "writing, writing, writing" with his crayons and absolutely loves his big sister!

I love you Michael! Happy 2nd Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment