Sunday, November 6, 2011

Hobby Lobby!!!!

I know, not a very clever title but that was all I could come up with in my excitement : ) Hobby Lobby in Lynnwood had it's grand opening on Halloween and I got a chance to go on Friday before heading to a scrapbook retreat in Monroe (Super good time, got lots done, whole other post!)
Hobby Lobby is in the old GI Joe's in Lynnwood and it is HUGE!!! We hit up the Christmas aisles first. So much Christmas goodness!!! Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday so I walked up and down each and every aisle and just soaked it all in. I ended up with just an airplane ornament for Michael and some straw for my nativity. Trust me, I could have got more but I was trying to resist. (Really, I just want to wait till at least after Thanksgiving) Then they have party decor and supplies, a scrapbook section, fabric, home decor, beads, kids crafts, framing and much, much more! So my favorite part of Hobby Lobby...and surprisingly it is not the scrapbook section, was the home decor. Seriously some of the neatest home decor I have ever seen. My least favorite and the most disappointing area for me was the scrapbooking section. (I know this may come as a shock to several of you who know me well) It might be that I went into it with expectations of what I had read on crafting sites and let's just say this Hobby Lobby was nowhere near what they describe. It sounds like stores in other areas/states have bigger, better scrapbooking sections. Must depend on the market for it in that area. They did have several papers and stickers I had not seen before so I did enjoy looking at new stuff but will probably not make them a scrapping only destination.

I did manage to snap a few pics on my phone just to give you an idea. If you are in the area, I HIGHLY recommend you check it out. Oh and they are opening one in Everett soon too!!








No comments:

Post a Comment