Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Wednesday (3 day late) weekend wrap up

We had a fun, busy, exhausting and awesome long weekend up North. Michael and I headed out as soon as "we" got out of work. After a short stop for a snack, we were on our way. Wish I would have known we were going to sit in traffic for 2 1/2 hours to get there, I would have left a little later or tried to get off a little earlier. We did finally make it after dodging traffic and taking some back roads. Good thing I am way more comfortable on the roads than I used to be!

First stop was Blazing Onion (a Kinyon, Pawlak, Brannon favorite) to celebrate mom's 60th birthday
Mom got this yummy, very rich dessert for her "cake". Looks much better than the Ding Dong dad got at MOD pizza for his bday cake : )

Saturday morning, Kattrina, myself and my children headed to Celia's.

Mykayla got about 6-8 inches cut off her hair and then Darcie curled it for her and made it bouncy and fun. She promptly went and put on her bike helmet and that was the end of that : )
It is so much easier to take care of now. I love it and so does she.
We spent the rest of the day preparing for mom and dad's 60th birthday party and it all went off well! Everyone enjoyed themselves, enjoyed some good food and enjoyed getting some "old people" jokes in too.

Sunday was girl's (and Brooks & Michael) shopping day in Alderwood. The (little) boys were troopers as we drug them around the entire mall and a couple other stores. After shopping for the day, we headed to Comcast Arena to watch Uncle Pat, Uncle Kevin and Uncle Nick play hockey.

Monday we spent the day at Birch Bay Waterslides with the family!



We enjoyed hanging out with Uncle Jay, Aunt Carmen, cousin Amanda and her daughter Grace who were here from Redding. We will go ahead and give them the credit for the sunshine this weekend : ) Mykayla also became a pro on her bike over the weekend, thanks to Uncle Jay who gave her some pointers for riding. She was circling the cul de sac like she owned the place! Uncle Jay taught me to ride a bike when I was little so this was pretty neat for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment