Monday, August 22, 2011

Living Room Transformation update - My scrapbook hutch DIY

We finished another major part of the living room transformation and I am so happy beyond thrilled with how it turned out. My scrapbook hutch has been in our family for years and was the one piece of furniture I wanted to take with me to my own home. Refinishing it was kind of bittersweet for me as I have so many memories of it in our homes (including the "interesting" Indian wallpaper on the back of it from our living room on Rucker Ave). So here is the before...

Adam did all of the sanding while rocking out to his iPhone. 
 I did a majority of the primer with some help from Mykayla and a little touch up from Adam.

 Adam did all of the white paint (& I sat and supervised : ) Actually Adam is very much a perfectionist about this kind of stuff so I was happy to let him paint because I knew it would look amazing!
 
And the final product...I love it!!!
 
 Had to show off the cute knobs I bought for it too. Now to figure out how to keep my favorite little 21 month old out of it without ruining the whole look of the hutch : )
 
I added all my scrap stuff to it and some decor items tonight. As you can tell, I have a few more spots to fill but for now I will work with it. Hopefully going to get some scrapping done tomorrow night!
 
 
So excited to have another part of the transformation done! I am actually enjoying doing a few things at a time. Gives it a new element of surprise, every couple weeks. I must give a huge Kudos/Thank you to my hubby for his hard work on it. He has been working quite a bit of OT lately and doing his best to get it done while having his nagging wife breathing over his shoulder and adding more and more to the "honey-do list". Love you Adam!! Thank you!!

 






No comments:

Post a Comment