Wednesday, September 21, 2011

22 months-Just 2 months shy of 2 years old!

Ok, so I am a day late with this post as Michael's 22 month birthday was yesterday and I realized as I was looking at 2nd birthday party ideas that he is just 2 months shy of 2 years old : ( Where did the last 22 months go? He is getting so big, so handsome, so mischievous and yet so sweet!

The above photo shows Michael's newest love for a children's character-Elmo. Now he has not sat down long enough to watch Elmo but has a few Elmo items and when he says it, it is the cutest thing. Mykayla and I love to walk through stores with him and say "Michael, who's that?" and he replies in the sweetest voice "El-mo". Like any other mommy whose child falls in love with something, I of course pick up every little Elmo thing I find like this hooded towel or Elmo books.

Michael has added some more words to his vocabulary too! Elmo-of course! My other favorite word he is saying right now is airplane (only the way he says it is much cuter). He points to the sky and says it even if he can't see it behind the clouds, but can hear it. We are going with airplanes for his 2nd birthday party theme and I can't wait to start planning, have found some cute ideas!  He also says apple and nana (banana). Any fruit round in shape is an apple and the rest are nana's. Last week at school, he said his buddy Leo's name. Sounds a little like hello but you can still get the idea : )

Finally, Michael likes to "Throw his hands up in the air sometimes" Had a cute video to show but Blogger or the laptop is again having issues and I don't have the patience right now to wait : )

I am so grateful for the joy that Michael has brought us! Love you Little Man!

No comments:

Post a Comment